Sustainability: Environmental initiatives
Climate change response
We have established the Sustainability Promotion Committee as an organization to evaluate and monitor our policies and initiatives to achieve our climate change-related goals. The CEO and other members of management are involved in the development of climate change strategies and report their efforts to the Board of Directors.
- Board of Directors
- Oversight of climate change response and disclosure content
- Sustainability Committee (director of sustainability, CEO, CTO, CFO, director of marketing, executive office: office of sustainability committee)
- Determining climate change-related policy decisions, determining risk and opportunities assessments, and determining key goals related to climate change response
- Climate Change Project Team (managed by office of sustainability committee)
- Advisory to the Sustainability Committee, composed of cross-organizational members.
Conducts assessments of climate change-related risks and opportunities; determines key management indicators and targets
- EMS team, Risk Management Department, Each business unit
- Aggregation, analysis, and target setting of CO2 emissions from business activities.
Identification and selection of climate change-related risks and opportunities.
Regarding our risks and opportunities in climate change, the office of the sustainability committee conducts an annual company-wide risk identification with the relevant departments.
The policy for responding to the selected important risks is reviewed on an annual basis by the office of the sustainability committee and relevant departments and is identified after discussion by the Sustainability Committee, which includes the management team.
The results of the above risk assessment are then reported by the office of the sustainability committee to the risk management department, which is responsible for company-wide risks, and to the risk and compliance committee.
- 1 The office of the sustainability committee identifies risks and opportunities related to climate change with relevant departments
- 2 The office of the sustainability committee selects important risks with the relevant departments, and reviews the policies
- 3 The Sustainability Committee discusses and identifies risks and response policies
- 4 The office of sustainability committee reports the results to the risk management department, which oversees company-wide risks, and to the risk and compliance committee.
Visualizing GHG through the power of data
WingArc1st visualizes GHG to respond to the climate crisis and aims to contribute to the decarbonization of society as a whole through the power of data.